08 September, 2011

LG Cinema 3Ds are fashionable and so are their passive 3D glasses

Passive 3D TVs are pretty hot right now but I don’t think I look so hot wearing those 3D glasses (but I think I look much better in the sunglasses-like passive 3D glasses than in those bulky, awkward active 3D glasses). But for people who don’t want to give up on their hotness even while watching a 3D TV, LG has collaborated with a UK designer Giles Deacon to create fashionable 3D glasses. These polarized glasses have frames with colorful stripes. Deacon said that “LG produce innovative and exciting products and these glasses are designed to complement that.” (http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/06/lg_passive_3d_t.html) They look a lot like fashionable sunglasses.
These 3D glasses are really pretty and it would be cool to have one of those but I don’t think they are available in the States yet. They are sold exclusively from Selfridges at 29.99 pounds. I’m curious if they will become available here and I wonder how much these glasses would be. One of the benefits of passive 3D glasses is its cheap price (or availability at movie theaters) and if the designer label shoots the price up, the benefit is gone. I guess you can maybe wear it as sunglasses slash 3D glasses J It sure is an interesting collaboration and would probably be a good promotion if not a huge sale driver. 

You can watch a video on it at http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/06/lg_passive_3d_t.html



No comments:

Post a Comment