01 September, 2011

Earth-friendly LG Cinema 3D


I just learned today that LG Cinema 3Ds are energy-saving 3D TVs. When buying a new TV, people ask the age-old question of ‘should I buy a plasma or a LED tv?’ Specifications and the picture quality are probably the most important things to consider when buying a TV but you also need to think about the cost of owning the TV. While plasma tvs use up a lot of energy and can cost you almost $100, LG Cinema 3D uses LED backlight and can save money. Most people don’t think about when buying a TV is the electricity cost. To be honest, I didn’t think about this either when I got our LW6500 either. But a friend of mine told me that he got a LW5300 and it only uses up only $8 worth of energy, at 5 hours of usage time everyday in a year. I did a little research and found out that LW5600 models use up only $13 worth of energy a year and LW6500 models do not use more than $20 worth of energy. Another good example of a ‘tv-owning-cost’ is the price of the 3D glasses. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous to pay an extra $150 for a pair of active 3D glasses when you’ve already paid $1500 for the TV. My LG Cinema 3D came with 4 pairs of 3D glasses and extra pairs are only $10something each. Now that I learned LG Cinema 3Ds saves me money in terms of electricity cost, I’m even happier than before with my TV. Thought I’d just share this with everyone in case someone is debating between a plasma TV and a LED TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment