18 August, 2011

Top 10 Best 3D Movies for kids:yes, I've watched them on our LG Cinema 3D

Ever since we got our 3D TV (LG Cinema 3D if anyone’s curious), I watch at least one 3D movie every week with my kids. Some say that 3D TVs are bad for children’s eyes, but I’m not worried too much because we have a passive 3D TV (All LG Cinema 3D TVs are passive 3D TVs). Its lightweight, battery free 3D glasses give flicker free and crosstalk free images, giving only minimum stress to the eyes. I’m really glad that I can enjoy 3D movies with my kids at home without worrying about my family’s eye health. Here’s a list of Top 10 Best 3D family movies. This list is taken from http://www.squidoo.com/3ddvdmovies#module136463521.
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Flint Lockwood likes inventing and he thinks he is a genius who can make a world-changing invention one day. His town faces an economic crisis when a sardine cannery, which was the town’s primary income source, was shut down. So Flint decides to try his latest invention—a machine that can change water into food. Something goes wrong and this machine gets shoot up into the atmosphere and food starts to rain. Town’s mayor tries to use this as a new source of income but later it becomes disastrous and Flint tries to fix this chaos. My kids and I watched this when it was playing in the theaters. It’s an awesome movie with original storyline and cute 3D effects. We bought the DVD because my kids and I loved it. We watched it many times on our LG Cinema 3D and the 3D experience was just as good as at the movie theater.
The Polar Express
On Christmas Eve, a hero boy gets on a magical train that’s headed to the North Pole and Santa Claus’s home. This movie is about his extraordinary adventure to the North Pole. I didn’t watch this movie but my kids did and they absolutely loved it. We also have the DVD but I never got a chance to watch it. My kids keep telling me to watch it with them one day. This is a very appropriate movie to play at Christmas family gathering.



Despicable Me
This is my favorite and all the kids in the entire family love it too. The minions are so cute and the storyline has a moving message about importance of family. There was no need for the kids to ask me to buy the DVD—I walked into the store and bought it myself. It became a routine to watch this at our family gathering. We have a big family but the 3D glasses that LG Cinema 3D use are really cheap (about $5-10) and sometimes everyone just brings their own 3D glasses from the theater.
Open Season




This is a movie about Boog, a domesticated Grizzly Bear living in Park Ranger Beth’s garage. He was living a peaceful, quiet life until he met Elliot, a mule deer. Boog ends up high in the forest only a few days before the opening of hunting season. Being domesticated animals, Boog and Elliot lack even the most basic survival skills and they stumble through the woods. The entire forest becomes endangered somehow, through mistakes, and Boog and Elliot learn that the forest animals need to stick together to outsmart the hunters and survive. The film’s vibrant colors and skilled animation are well captured on Cinema 3D.

I haven’t seen these but these are also on the list.
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Legend of the Guardians-Owls of Ga’hoole
Coraline
Disney’s Christmas Carol
Monster House

1 comment:

  1. Heeh, my kids enjoyed watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs too! They wanted to watch it all over again! LOL! The cool 3D effects definitely helped make the movie more appealing for the kids, and it also helped make the story clearer. That is a cool list. Cheers!

    [Dalton Wordlaw]

    ReplyDelete